New Ropanasuri Journal of Surgery (NRJS) implies the regulation in accordance with the guidelines developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in dealing with publication ethic, in specific to prevent the issues of misconduct in order to meet a high quality standard of ethics for publisher, editors, authors, and reviewers. The regulation includes the ethical considerations for these stakeholders, accordingly.
The condition(s) for publisher
- New Ropanasuri Journal of Surgery never publish manuscript containing material subjected to misconduct. For this purpose, similarity check is process subjected to regulation of the journal.
- Manuscript that not meet the condition(s) for is subjected to rejection.
The condition(s) for editors
- Editor(s) should ensuring these issues:
- The manuscript not submitted to other journal.
- The submitted manuscript is original work of an author(s), citing others' work properly using approved format. Editors and all staff should guarantee the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- Should there is a suspected misconduct or disputed authorship, editors will be guided by the COPE guidelines.
- The submitted manuscript proceed the similarity check, and not exceed than 20%.
- The submitted manuscript completed with declaration of conflict of interest, ethical approval for study using human subject and animal as well
The condition(s) for author(s)
- Author(s) should never been publish the manuscript to other journal. For this purpose, author should declare the issue.
- Author(s) should ensure the work's originality and cite others' work properly using a recommended reference manager (Mendeley, EndNote) in accordance with the approved references format (Vancouver system).
- Author(s) should never been engaged with an issue of plagiarism or self-plagiarism and must agree with the condition applied by the journal for similarity check procedure. Following check, any similarity exceeds to more than 20% is subjected to rejection.
- Author(s) should meet the criteria provided by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) about the authorship.
- Author(s) should deliver signed declaration of conflict of interest such as their job role, research expenses, consultant expenses, and intellectual property using ICMJE format available in the journal (downloaded in .pdf format) as the supplement.
- For the manuscript dealing with the human subjects, author(s) should deliver ethical approval signed by the committee of ethics as the supplement. This also implied if animals were used in the study.
The condition(s) for reviewers
- This journal implies the double blinded reviewing process. Neither authors nor reviewers know each other's name or affiliations.
- Reviewers are required to comment on ethical issues, possible research, and publication misconduct should they are suspected.
- Reviewers must complete the work in a timely manner and should notify the editor should they unable to complete the work.
- Reviewers should keep the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not accept manuscripts to be reviewed should there a potential conflict of interest between them and any of the authors.