- The article must be an original piece of work, have novelty of thought and significant impact to sociology, and also not have been published or submitted to another journal.
- The number of the words in the article must not be more than 8,000 words (approximately 61,500 characters including spaces). This is excluding the bibliography and footnotes. Articles must be in 12-point Times New Roman font with 1.5 spacing.
- The article must be accompanied by an abstract in English and Bahasa Indonesian. The abstract ranges from 150-200 words (approximately 1,100 to 1,450 characters including spaces) and consists of one paragraph only which describes the essence of the entire content of the article clearly and completely. Abstracts must be in 12-point Times New Roman font and single spaced. Please include 3 to 5 keywords.
- References, citations in the text, and footnotes should be written in ASA (American Sociological Associations) style, as follows:
- If an author's name is included in the text, this is followed by the year of publication in parentheses:
Wen Chu (1977) conducted research...
- If an author's name is not in the text, put both the author's last name and year of publication in parentheses at the end of the sentence:
When the study was finished... (Jones 1994)
- If the page number is included after year of publication, put it after a colon
- If there are up to three authors of a source, write those three authors' last names in the first reference; afterwards include the first author's last name only and "et.al."; if there are more than three authors, put the first author's last name and "et.al." from the beginning:
(Smith, Garcia and Lee 1954) and (Snow et al. 1989)
- Quotations in the text must be preceded and ended by quotation marks; the reference should be included after quotation marks and followed by a period.
"In 1999, however, the data based on more specific types of working type shows jobs with orientation technology are better-paying" (Hildenbrand 1999:47).
- Avoid writing a footnote, unless a topic needs additional clarification outside the body of the article. Footnotes are written in a different font size (10-point Times New Roman). Arrange footnotes sequentially by number, located on the same page as the superscript number. Include references if necessary.
- When creating any tables, figures, or charts, follow the example below. At the top there is a title and numbering sequentially, and at the bottom are the listed data sources. A description of the table or figure should be located just below the table or figure.
- At the end of the article, all references in the text must be listed alphabetically by the main author's last name.
- The submitting author(s)' profile (full name, affiliation, and e-mail address) must not be included in the text when submitting so that the reviewers may perform double blind review.
- Journal articles should be submitted through Digital Commons on this website in MS Word Formats (.doc or .rtf), not PDF. The author(s) needs to register online by creating an account (username & password on this website before submitting, by navigating to the My Account tab and clicking Sign Up.
- Author(s) must pay attention to the various points listed in Publication Ethics in order for the article to be considered.
- By publishing through this journal, author(s) hand over the copy rights of full article (abstract, tables, figures, illustrations) to LabSosio, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Indonesia, including the right to republish in any media.
With publication through Masyarakat, Jurnal Sosiologi, I give the copyright of this article completely (including abstract, tables, graphics, illustrations) to LabSosio, Departemen Sosiologi, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Indonesia, including rights to republish in any form of media publication.
The names and email addresses entered in this online journal will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Authors are NOT required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Article Publication: 0.00 (IDR)
Authors are NOT required to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs when the article is accepted for publication.