During a move to the new drilling location, two braces of the upper mast section on a 550 HP oil and gas rig was damaged. When damage is discovered, the rig operating company should conduct a risk analysis related to the damage using the standard used to determine rejection criteria and follow-up repairs. The strength of the rig mast is calculated using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) with initial conditions (before damage occurs) where all braces are installed and extreme conditions where neither brace is repaired. The calculation results are then used to assess the risk of reducing the rig mast strength. The results of the integrity analysis will show FEA of rig mast and the distribution pattern of stress ratio values, which is the ratio between the stress that arises and the allowable stress of the material on the mast parts due to loading.
- Regulation of Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources No. 32 year 2021, Technical Inspection of Installation and Equipment in Oil and Gas Industry. (Peraturan Menteri ESDM Nomor 32 tahun 2021)
- Surat Keputusan Direktur Teknik dan Lingkungan Migas selaku Kepala Inspeksi Migas Nomor 21.K/MG.06/DMT/2022 tentang Pedoman dan Tata Cara Pelaporan Keselamatan Minyak dan Gas Bumi.
- Standar Nasional Indonesia (SNI) Nomor 13-6910-2002 tentang Operasi Pemboran Darat dan Lepas Pantai yang Aman di Indonesia.
- Aurelian Iamandei, Serban Nicolae Vasilescu, Ioan Popa, Lavinia Silvia Stancu, Razvan George Ripeanu, Analysis of the Behaviour of A 480 KN Maximum Hook Load Workover Rig Mast in the case of wind stress, U.P.B. Sci. Bull. Series D, VO. 83, Iss. 4, 2021
- American Petroleum Institute, 4F Standard, Specification for Drilling and Well Servicing Structures, 2013 Edition
- Hartoyo, Fernanda; Fatriansyah, Jaka Fajar; Mas'ud, Imam Abdillah; Digita, Farhan Rama; Ovelia, Hanna; and Asral, Datu Rizal . "The Optimization Of Failure Risk Estimation On The Uniform Corrosion Rate With A Non-Linear Function." Journal of Materials Exploration and Findings (JMEF) 1.1 (2022): 3.
- D. Ghosh, H. Roy, S. Ray, A. K. Shukla, Investigation on Failure of a Drilling Rig Mast Structure, 2015, NDT & Metallurgy Group, CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, DOI 10.1007/s11668-015-9977
- Alviansyah, M., Hartoyo, F., Nurullia, Z. N., & Kurniawan, A. "Dynamic Rbi with Central Difference Method Approach in Calculation of Uniform Corrosion Rate: A Casestudy on Gas Pipelines." Journal of Materials Exploration and Findings (JMEF) 1.2 (2022): 5.
- K., A. Ahmad Mahboob, et. al, Design and Analysis of The Structure of A Drill Rig. 2019. Pakistan Journal of Science, 71 (4 Suppl.): 2019, Page 119-125
- Dayan de Castro Bisssoli, et al, Drivers to the workover rig problem, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 139 (2016) 13–22
- P. Praveen Kumar, T. Ananth Kumar, Risk Analysis of Drilling Rig in Oil and Natural Gas Using Engineering Tools. I-manager’s Journal on Future Engineering & Technology Vol. 13 (2018)
- American Petroleum Institute Recommended Practices 4G, Operation, Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair of Drilling and Well Servicing Structures, 2020 Edition
Padmodwiputra, Rendhatya; Soedarsono, Johny Wahyuadi; Mahendra, Mirza; Satria, Bambang Eka; Arif, Chandra; and Suarthana, Eka Juni
"Structural Integrity Analysis of the Rig Mast Following Repair of Two Diagonal Braces in the Upper Mast Section,"
Journal of Materials Exploration and Findings (JMEF): Vol. 1:
3, Article 6.
Available at: https://scholarhub.ui.ac.id/jmef/vol1/iss3/6