Open Access Policy
BIOPROCESS provides immediate open access for readers to all articles on the website to broaden the visibility and impact of researchers’ publications. This means all users are granted access to:
- have free and unlimited access to all articles published in BIOPROCESS.
- share and re-use the published material with proper attribution of the authorship.
Policy on Plagiarism
Papers submitted to BIOPROCESS will be screened for plagiarism using Turnitin or iThenticate plagiarism detection tools. Manuscripts detected for plagiarism or self-plagiarism will immediately be rejected and excluded from the next steps of submission process.
Therefore, it is author’s responsibility to ensure that:
- The article is an original work and does not involve frau or fabrication.
- The article has not been published and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- The article contains no defamatory or unlawful statements and does not contain any materials that infringe upon individual privacy, proprietary rights, or any statutory copyright.
- The manuscript has been thoroughly reviewed, so authors take responsibility for its content.
- The paper should have an ethical issue number declared, if necessary
- All authors are aware of and agree to the terms of this publishing agreement.
Once the manuscript is accepted by BIOPROCESS, the article will not be submitted for publication to any other journal.
Peer Review Policy
Submitted manuscripts will go through an initial review by the editorial board. BIOPROCESS implements the double blind review process, where the author and the reviewers’ identities remain disclosed.
The following statements are the review process:
- Paper Submission
Corresponding author submits the paper to the journal.
- Editorial Assesment
All submitted manuscripts are read and assessed by the editorial staff, who also check whether it fits BIOPROCESS’s focus and scope and conformd to the Author Guidelines. Submitted papers passing this step will be checked by Turnitin or Ithenticate to identify any plagiarism before being proceeded to reviewers.
- Editor-in-Chief’s Appraisal
The Editor-in-Chief (EIC) checks the suitability, originality, and significance of the papers to the publication. If not, the paper may be rejected without further review.
- Reviews Conducted
The handling editor sends invitations to potential reviewers based on expertise, research interest, and conflict of interest probability. The paper will then be sent to reviewers who accept the invitation.
- Notification of Paper Acceptance
The editor sends a notification email to the author, including any relevant reviewer comments.
- Final Stage
The paper is sent to publish once accepted. It is otherwise sent back to the author for either major or minor revision if it is rejected. The handling editor will provide constructive feedbacks from the reviewers to help the author improve the article. The author should revise the paper according to the reviewers’ comments.
All articles published in BIOPROCESS are protected by copyright licensed under a Creative Commons License - NonCommercial - NoDerivs 4.0 (CC BY - NC - ND). The license allows users to copy and distribute an article with proper credit to the author. The article may not be used for commercial purposes and modification of adaptation of the article is not permitted.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
All articles published in BIOPROCESS are open access and freely available online, immediately upon publication. This is made possible by an article-processing charge (APC) that covers the range of publishing services we provide. To cover the cost for providing our high-quality publishing service and free access to readers, authors pay a one-time article processing charge (APC) for manuscripts accepted after peer-review.