- Philosophy of Jurnal Politik
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Author Guidelines
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and UI Scholars Hub
- Author Fees
Philosophy of Jurnal Politik
For more information, please see Jurnal Politik Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Jurnal Politik provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Jurnal Politik, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Jurnal Politik. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Jurnal Politik, please contact the editors.
- Manuscripts written for Jurnal Politik include research outcomes, field research or literary research, and articles reflecting sociopolitical phenomena.
- The manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia or English. The writing system for research outcome is the title, name of the author, abstract with keywords, preface, discussion or analysis, conclusion, and reference.
- The manuscript is typed using Microsoft Word program on A4 paper, around 6000-8000 words in Times New Roman size 12 pts and 1.5 space.
- Send your paper through: Submit Article
- The title of the article cannot exceed 14 words in Bahasa Indonesia and 12 words in English. The title is typed in italic with centered capital letters in 14 pts.
- The name of the author is written without any academic degree, followed by the name of the author’s institution, located under the title of the article. If the manuscript is written by more than an author, the editor is only in contact with the main author or the first mentioned author. The main author must include his/her correspondence address or email.
- The abstract and keywords must be written in two languages (in Bahasa Indonesia and English). The length of each abstract is around 150 -200 words, while the limit of keywords is 3-5 words. The abstract, at the least, must contain the aim, method, and result(s) of the research.
- Tables and figures must have titles, clear numbers, and sources, and be typed in single space. Pictures and figures are better in the black-and-white format.
- The list of references only contains referred sources, and all referred sources must be mentioned on the list. Reference sources consist of, at the least, 80% printed literature published in the last ten years. The references are sources in the form of research articles in a journal or a research report (including undergraduate theses, postgraduate theses, dissertations, books, and other relevant publications). Articles published in Jurnal Politik are recommended to be used as references.
- Referencing and citing techniques follow the reduced reference technique (last name, year). The inclusion of the source in a direct quotation is followed by information about the page number of the referred source. For example: (Laclau 1998, 81).
- Check each referred article for accuracy and make sure every quoted work in the article is written in the References. Works that are not cited but mentioned in the References will be omitted by the editor.
- All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. The writing format used in Jurnal Politik follows the format applied by American Political Science Review
- The reference list is composed as follows and is alphabetically and chronologically ordered.
- All manuscripts are anonymously studied by reviewers appointed by the editor according to their expertise. The author is given a chance to revise the manuscript based on the reviewers’ or the editor’s recommendation/advice. The decision of publication or rejection will be informed through the author’s email address.
- The editor has the right to modify and correct the spelling, writing, and grammar of the published manuscript.
- Everything related to citing permission or computer software usage in writing the manuscript or any other things related to copyright done by the author, along with all its legal consequences, becomes the author’s full responsibility.
- The author whose manuscript is published will get 2 (two) copies of publishing proof. Unpublished manuscripts will not be returned, except upon the author’s request.
- The article template and technical guideline can be found here (Template) and here (Guidline)
Jurnal Politik has no general rules about the formatting of articles upon initial submission. There are, however, rules governing the formatting of the final submission. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details. Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a high-quality PDF (Adobe's Portable Document Format) file, or a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
Rights for Authors and UI Scholars Hub
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to UI Scholars Hub all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of UI Scholars Hub, requires credit to UI Scholars Hub as copyright holder (e.g., UI Scholars Hub © 2023).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from UI Scholars Hub provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the UI Scholars Hub website and/or software agree not to misuse the UI Scholars Hub service or software in any way.
The failure of UI Scholars Hub to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between UI Scholars Hub and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (USD)
Authors are required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Fast-Track Review: 0.00 (USD)
With the payment of this fee, the review, editorial decision, and author notification on this manuscript is guaranteed to take place within 4 weeks.
Article Publication: 0.00 (USD)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs.
If you do not have funds to pay such fees, you will have an opportunity to waive each fee. We do not want fees to prevent the publication of worthy work.