Publication ethics and malpractice policy: Download (PDF, English)
Submission of Manuscript:
All manuscripts submitted should the original scientific works by authors which have not been published previously or simultaneously under consideration for publication by other media. For communication convenience, the author should provide his/her postal address, email address, telephone number, and facsimile number.
The author submits the manuscript from MJTS' website. The file size should not be bigger than 2 MB, file must be in editable Ms. Word format, and all author information should be stripped out (since it will be forwarded to the reviewer in blind-review process). The manuscript should be written in accordance with the provided template. The length of the manuscript should be between 4 (four) to 8 (eight) pages of A4 paper. The Board of Editors reserves the right to make some adjustment to the format for uniformity.
All of the manuscripts submitted to Makara Journal of Technology will be peer-reviewed and subject to review by the Editors. All manuscript are subject to double-blind reviews. The Editor will give the final decision about which manuscripts are accepted for publication.
The author will receive a notification from the Editor if (1) the manuscript is accepted for publication, (2) the author is required to make some revisions (if necessary) to the manuscript and to submit the revised manuscript, or (3) the manuscript is rejected. Any changes made on the revised manuscript should be put on a list. Only minor changes may be made since major revision should not take place in the manuscript.
The author should carefully examine the sentence structure, the completeness and accuracy of the text, tables, and graphic contents in the revised manuscript. Any manuscript with a lot of typing errors will be returned to the author for retyping. A manuscript which has been accepted but it is not written according to the guidelines will be returned to the author for format adjustment.
Online Submission and Publication are FREE of charge. Ten copies of the reprint will be given free of charge to the author. The author will be charged for order of additional copies. A reprint order form stating the price quotation will be sent to the author along with the notification of receipt of the revised manuscript.
The author should send the original form of copyright transfer for distribution which has been signed to the Editor after the manuscript is accepted for publication.
All processes toward publication are illustrated in this figure:
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
I aware and agree that:
- The article is original and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- All authors have approved the paper for release and are in agreement with its content.
- The manuscript file complies with the given template and has been saved in Ms.Word format.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.