Peer Review Process
- The manuscripts will be desk-reviewed by the editors to assess whether the manuscripts meet the journal’s writing guidelines as well as its aims and scopes. The authors will be notified of the result of the initial review within two weeks.
- If the manuscripts have passed the desk review stage, they will go through a double-blind review process. This shall take up to four weeks before the reviewers send the manuscripts back to the editors. Names and identities of the reviewers and authors are undisclosed during the process
- Once the manuscripts have been received with comments from the reviewers, they will be returned to the authors. Reviewers may advise the manuscripts to be acceptable for publication, acceptable with revisions, or rejected. Two weeks are allocated for the authors to revise their manuscripts.
- After receiving the revised manuscripts from the authors, the editors will re-evaluate the manuscripts whether they have addressed the reviewers’ concerns and meet the journal’s academic quality standard. The final decision for the publication will be made by the editors.
- Once the manuscripts have been accepted for publication, they will undergo proofreading and copyediting processes. The page proof of the manuscripts will then be sent to the authors for final review and confirmation for publication.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration
Sources of Revenue
Global's primary source of funding comes from the institutional support provided by its host institution, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Indonesia. Global also receives small grants from the alumni of the Department of International Relations, Universitas Indoensia. Also, a non significant part of the revenue comes from the sale of the hard copies of the journal.
Global is an open access publication with no author publication fees. This means accepted authors can publish using a Creative Commons licence with no attendant article publication charges, and published articles are made permanently freely available to readers online.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Global: Jurnal Politik Internasional is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.