A hemangioma is a benign vascular neoplasm, relatively common in the head and neck. In the oral region, it affects the tongue, gums, mucosa, palate, and lip. Its size can vary from millimeters to centimeters, characterized as a purplish or reddish lesion. The present study aims to present two clinical cases of hemangiomas, the first of a male patient treated by sclerotherapy and the second of a female patient in which she was treated with ethamolin and later surgical treatment. It was concluded that sclerotherapy, in addition to being a safe treatment, managed to drastically reduce the initial size of the lesions present in this article.
- Fernandes DT, Elias RA, Santos-Silva AR, Vargas PA, Lopes MA. Benign oral vascular lesions treated by sclerotherapy with ethanolamine oleate: A retrospective study of 43 patients. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2018; 23(2):e180-7.
- Gill JS, Gill S, Bhardwaj A, Grover HS. Oral Haemangioma. Case Rep Med. 2012; 347939.
- Kamala KA, Ashok L, Sujatha GP. Cavernous hemangioma of the tongue: A rare case report. Contemp Clin Dent. 2014; 5(1):95-8.
- Queiroz SIML, de Assis GM, Silvestre VD, Germano AR, da Silva JSP. Treatment of oral hemangioma with sclerotherapy: Case report. J Vasc Bras. 2014; 13(3):249-53.
- Aitha H, Kubbi JR, Gantala R, Korvipati NK. Sclerotherapy: A conservative approach in the treatment of oral hemangiomas. J Indian Acad Oral Med Radiol. 2015; 27(2):291-3.
- Newadkar UR. Oral hemangioma or vascular malformation: Different entities! J Indian Acad Oral Med Radiol. 2015; 27(3):497-9.
- Hong SK, Lee HJ, Seo JK, Lee D, Hwang SW, Sung HS. Reactive vascular lesions treated using ethanolamine oleate sclerotherapy. Dermatol Surg. 2010; 36(7):1148-52.
- Kato CNAO, Ribeiro MC, do Amaral MBF, Grossmann SMC, de Aguiar MCF, Mesquita RA. Experience with 5% ethanolamine oleate for sclerotherapy of oral vascular anomalies: A cohort of 15 consecutive patients. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2019; 47(1):106-11.
- Henriques ÁCG, Vidal MTA, Gurgel CA, Rocha SLD, Júnior BC, de Azevedo RA, dos Santos JN. Epithelioid hemangioma in the oral mucosa – A case report. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2016; 144(9- 10):535-40.
- Kumari VR, Vallabhan CG, Geetha S, Nair MS, Jacob TV. Atypical presentation of capillary hemangioma in oral cavity- A case report. J Clin Diagn Res. 2015; 9(10):ZD26-8.
- DeHart A, Richter G. Hemangioma: Recent Advances. F1000Res. 2019; 8:F1000 Faculty Rev- 1926.
- Jain S, Singaraju S, Singaraju M. Central hemangioma: A case report and review of literature. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2016; 34(1):87-91.
- Ademi Abdyli R, Abdyli Y, Perjuci F, Gashi A, Agani Z, Ahmedi J. Sclerotherapy of intraoral superficial hemangioma. Case Rep Dent. 2016; 2016:4320102.
- Parisi D, Ciancio F, Cagiano L, Rucci M, Annacontini L, Portincasa A. Hemangioma of the oral and perioral region: Nd:YAG vs surgery. Ann Ital Chir. 2016;2578:S2239253X16025780.
- Oliveira MMM, da Silva BA. Sclerotherapy as treatment of lingual hemangioma: Clinical case report. Rev Gaúch Odontol. 2020;68:e20200017.
Coelho Ferreira, M. d., de Sales Lima, M., Almeida Barreto, A., Kitakawa, D., Scherma, A. d., Peralta, F., & de Carvalho, L. d. Treatment of Oral Vascular Malformations with Ethamolin: A Report of Two Cases. J Dent Indones. 2023;30(1): 57-61