Objective: This retrospective study aimed to determine the profile of patients who underwent single tooth implants between 2013 and 1017 and to evaluate long-term follow-up and success. Methods: The results of 79 patients who underwent single dental intra-bone dental implantation in Diyarbakır Oral and Dental Health Hospital between 2013 and 2017 were evaluated separately in terms of gender, age, implanted area and number, systemic diseases affecting implant health, and missing implants. Results: In this study, single tooth implants were evaluated in 79 patients with a mean age of 39.55 years in men and 30.44 years in women. The 79 dental implants were placed as follows: 6.32% (n = 5) of the lower jaw anterior, 16.45% (n = 13) of the lower jaw premolar, 29.11% (n = 23) of the lower jaw posterior; 11.39% (n = 9) of the upper jaw anterior, 13.92% (n = 11) of the upper jaw premolar, and 22.78% (n = 18) of the upper jaw posterior. Smoking was observed in anamnesis taken from 47 patients. The patients were evaluated in terms of systemic disease risk groups. Conclusion: Dental implantation is the most preferred treatment option in adult patients with single tooth deficiencies with success rates up to 96.34%.
1. AAP. Glossary of Periodontal Terms. 4th edition. Chicago; 2001. 14-27.
2. Mueller CK, Thorwarth M, Schmidt M, Schlegel KA, Schultze-Mosgau S. Comparative analysis of osseointegration of titanium implants with acid-etched surfaces and different biomolecular coatings. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2011;112:726-6.
3. Buser D, Merıcske-Stern R, Dula K, Lang NP. Clınıcal experience with one-stage, nonsubmerged dental implants. Adv Dent Res 1999;13:153-61.
4. Petricevic N, Celebic A, Rener-Sitar K. A 3-year longitudinal study of quality-of-life outcomes of elderly patients with implant- and tooth-supported fixed partial dentures in posterior dental regions. Gerodontology 2012;29:e956-63.
5. Misch CE. Dental implant prosthetics. 1sted.St. Louis. MO: Mosby; 2005. 32-41.
6. Newman MG, Takei HH, Carranza FA. Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology. 9thed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Mosby; 2002. 28-36.
7. Aykent F, Özdoğan MS, Soğancı G. [Occlusion of implant supported prostheses]. Turk Klin J Prosthodont-Spec Top 2017;3:13-21.
8. Misch CE, Perel ML, Wang HL et al. Implant success, survival and failure: The International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) Pisa Consensus Conference. Implant Dent 2008;17:5-15.
9. Smith RA, Berger R, Dodson TB. Risk factors associated with dental implants in healthy and medically compromised patients. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1992;7:367-72.
10. Matukas VJ. Medical risk associated with dental impalants. Int J Oral Implantol 1988;5:49-50.
11. Baqain ZH, Moqbel WY, Sawair FA. Early dental implant failure:risk factors. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2012;50:239-43.
12. Alsaadi G, Quirynen M, Komárek A, Van Steenberghe D. Impact of local and systemic factors on the incidence of oral implant failures, up to abutment connection. J Clin Periodontol 2007;34:610-7.
13. Mısch CE. Contemporary Implant Dentistry. 3rd edition. Mosby Elsevier; 2008. 421-621.
14. Simonis P, Dufour T, Tenenbaum H. Long-term implant survival and success: A 10-16-year followup of non-submerged dental implants. Clin Oral Impl Res 2010;21:772-7.
15. Berglundh T, Persson L, Klinge B. A systematic review of the incidence of biological and technical complications in implant dentistry reported in prospective longitudinal studies of at least 5 years. J Clin Periodontol 2002;29:197-212.
16. Conrad HJ, Jung J, Barczak M, Basu S, Seong WJ. Retrospective cohort study of the predictors of implant failure in the posterior maxilla. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2011;26:154-62.
17. Nasr S, Slot DE, Bahaa S, Dörfer CE, Fawzy El- Sayed KM. Dental implants combined with sinus augmentation = What is the merit of bone grafting? A systematic review. J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2016;44:1607-17.
18. Lee BK. One-stage operation of large oroantral fistula closure, sinus lifting, and autogenous bone grafting for dental implant installation. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2008;105:707-13.
19. Khoury F. Augmentation of the sinus f loor with mandibular bone block and simultaneous implantation = A 6-year clinical investigation. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1999;14:557-64.
20. Keskiner İ, Aydoğdu A, Kaleli AE, Sümer M. The comparison of oral temperature measurements in smokers and non-smokers. Yeditepe Jdent 2015;11:5-10.
21. Ting M, Rice JG, Braid SM, Lee CYS, Suzuki JB. Maxillary sinus augmentation for dental implant rehabilitation of the edentulous ridge: A comprehensive overview of systematic reviews. Implant Dent 2017;26:438-64.
22. Nitzan D, Mamlider A, Levin L, Schwartz-Arad D. Impact of smoking on marginal bone loss. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2005;20:605-9.
23. Mundt T, Mack F, Schwahn C, Biffar R. Private practice results of screw-type tapered implants: Survival and evaluation of risk factors. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2006;21:607-14.
24. Kumar A, Jaffin RA, Berman C. The effect of smoking on achieving osseointegration of surface modified implants: A clinical report. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2002;17:816-9.
25. Ong CT, Ivanovski S, Needleman IG, et al. Systematic review of implant out comes in treated periodontitis subjects. J Clin Periodontol 2008;35:438-62.
Erdoğmuş, Z. Evaluation of Clinical Single Dental Implants Made between 2013 and 2017. J Dent Indones. 2020;27(1): 23-26
Dental Hygiene Commons, Dental Materials Commons, Endodontics and Endodontology Commons, Health Economics Commons, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Commons, Oral Biology and Oral Pathology Commons, Orthodontics and Orthodontology Commons, Pediatric Dentistry and Pedodontics Commons, Periodontics and Periodontology Commons